Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dreamhost problems (or is it nightmares?)

Boy, this weekend has been a terrible one for my web host, Dreamhost. All my sites have been alternately down, slow, or slower for going on 48 hours now. My biggest complaint is the terribly inadequate update information posted by Dreamhost on dreamhoststatus.com. I know they are busy fixing hardware, but surely somebody there should take the time to post a cogent update every 2 hours or so during the time they have shut off web server access completely. When my site visitors are getting a 404 screen for 12 hours, I want to know exactly what's up. Instead, they have only left confusing and incomplete update messages, on average one every 8-10 hours. Am I the only one that is frustrated by this? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home